waffles with baked rhubarb
- 8 store-bought waffles
- 20g butter
icing (confectioner’s) sugar, for dusting
- double (thick) cream and maple syrup, to serve
- 500g rhubarb, trimmed and chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Marsala+
- ⅓ cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (355ºF). To make the baked rhubarb, place the rhubarb, orange juice, Marsala and sugar in a baking dish and toss to combine. Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 20–25 minutes or until soft. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the waffles for 1–2 minutes each side or until golden. Dust with icing sugar and serve with the baked rhubarb, cream and maple syrup.
+ Marsala is a fortified wine from Sicily, Italy. You can also use sweet sherry or your favourite flavoured liqueur.
There are no comments for this entry yet.