chocolate ice-cream pie
- 250g store-bought plain chocolate biscuits, finely crushed
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 litre store-bought chocolate ice-cream, softened
- 2 cups (500ml) single (pouring) cream
- Place the crushed biscuits and butter in a medium bowl and mix well to combine. Reserve and set aside 2 tablespoons of the crumb mixture. Press the remaining mixture into the base of an 18cm round (1-litre-capacity) pie tin and freeze for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Spoon the ice-cream into the base of the pie and smooth into an even layer. Freezer for 1–2 hours or until firm.
- Place the cream in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Spoon the cream over the pie and sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture. Serve immediately. Serves 8–10
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.