blueberry, banana and quinoa pancakes
- 1½ cups mashed banana (about 4 bananas)
- ⅓ cup (35g) quinoa flakes
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- ⅓ cup (50g) buckwheat flour
- 125g blueberries, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt and maple syrup, to serve
- Place the banana, quinoa, chia, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, sugar, lemon rind, flour and blueberries in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over low heat and brush with a little of the oil. In batches, cook ¼-cups of the pancake mixture for 4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through, adding the remaining oil as needed.
- Divide the pancakes between plates and top with yoghurt, extra blueberries and maple syrup to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.