- ¼ cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 x 160g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and chopped
- 3 green onions (scallions), chopped into 3cm lengths
- wasabi, to serve
sesame cucumber salad
- ¼ cup (60ml) rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced
- Place the soy, mirin and maple syrup in a bowl and stir to combine. Add the chicken and green onion and toss to coat. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes to marinate.
- To make the sesame cucumber salad, place the vinegar, vegetable and sesame oil, mirin and cucumber in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Thread the chicken and green onion onto skewers, reserving the marinade. Heat a char-grill pan or barbecue over high heat and char-grill or barbecue the skewers for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Place the reserved marinade in a small saucepan over high heat and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through and thickened slightly. Serve the chicken with the cucumber salad, yakitori marinade and wasabi. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.