broccoli, bacon and quinoa fritters
- 4 rashers bacon, rind removed and chopped
- 2 x 400g cans white (cannellini) beans, drained, rinsed and mashed
- 200g steamed broccoli, finely chopped
- 3 cups (570g) cooked quinoa, see below
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ½ cup (50g) grated mozzarella
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup chopped basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- tomato chutney, to serve
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 3–4 minutes or until golden.
- Place the mashed whitebean, broccoli, quinoa, salt, pepper, mozzarella, egg, bacon and basil in a bowl and mix well to combine. Shape 2 tablespoonfuls ofthe mixture at a time into fritters and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook the fritters, in batches, for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden. Serve with tomato chutney and a green salad, if desired. Serves 4.
+ To cook quinoa, soak 1 cup (200g) quinoa in a saucepan with 1½ cups (375ml) water for 15 minutes. Place the pan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed. Red or black quinoa will need a few extra minutes cooking time.
There are no comments for this entry yet.