cauliflower, sage and cheese pasties
- 500g cauliflower, chopped
- ½ cup sage leaves, torn
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 sheets store-bought puff pastry, thawed
- 150g taleggio, sliced (see tip)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Cook the cauliflower in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 3–4 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool under cold running water.
- Transfer to a bowl with the sage leaves, salt and pepper and toss to combine. Cut the pastry sheets in half horizontally. Divide the mixture evenly onto one side of each pastry sheet.
- Top with the cheese, brush the edges with egg and fold over to enclose. Press the edges with a fork to seal. Place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Brush with egg and bake for 20–25 minutes or until golden. Makes 6.
Tip: Taleggio is a soft Italian cheese with a mild flavour (you could also use camembert).
There are no comments for this entry yet.