broccolini and harissa fritters
- 2 bunches (about 400g) broccolini
- ¼ cup (50g) white chia seeds
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons harissa paste
- ⅔ cup (50g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 cup coriander leaves and stems, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- watercress leaves, to serve
- Cut 1 bunch of the broccolini in half. Slice the tops in half lengthways and set aside. Finely chop the remaining broccolini and place in a large bowl. Add the chia seeds, eggs, harissa, parmesan, coriander, salt and pepper and mix to combine. Set aside for 20 minutes to thicken.
- Heat half of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches, add ¼ cups of the mixture to the pan and top with the reserved broccolini tops, cut-side up. Cook for 3 minutes, turn and cook for a further 2–3 minutes or until golden and cooked through, adding the remaining oil as necessary. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve with watercress. Makes 8
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.