crumbed veal cutlets with minted peas
- 2 cups (140g) fresh breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
- 4 x 250g veal cutlets, trimmed
- plain (all-purpose) flour, for dusting
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups (180g) frozen peas, blanched
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup chervil leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic and lemon rind in a bowl and mix to combine. Dust the veal in flour, dip in the egg and press into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick ovenproof frying pan over medium heat and cook the veal for 2–3 minutes each side. Transfer pan to the oven and cook for a further 10–12 minutes or until cooked through. Place the peas in a bowl and lightly crush with a fork. Add the mint, chervil, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Serve the veal with the peas and lemon. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.