beetroot, walnut, sage and sumac pesto
- 3 cups (300g) grated beetroot (about 2 beetroot)
- 1 cup (100g) walnuts, toasted
- ½ cup sage leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1 small clove garlic
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sumac, plus extra to serve
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Place the beetroot, walnuts, sage, garlic, oil, vinegar, sumac, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until finely chopped and well combined. Top with extra sage and sprinkle with extra sumac to serve. Makes 2 cups.
This pesto will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
There are no comments for this entry yet.