lemon dream marshmallow cupcakes
- 1 packet donna hay vanilla cupcakes with marshmallow frosting mix
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup (160ml) milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (150g) store-bought lemon curd
- 1 sachet marshmallow frosting mix
- ½ cup (125ml) boiling water
each packet contains
- 1 sachet vanilla cupcakes mix
- 1 sachet meringue frosting mix
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Line 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins with paper cases.
- Place the butter into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on low for 1 minute or until smooth. Add the cupcake mix, milk and egg and beat for 1 minute or until just combined.
- Spoon the cupcake mixture into the prepared tins and bake for 18–20 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes then cool on wire rack.
- To make the marshmallow frosting, place the boiling water in a large heatproof bowl. Sprinkle the marshmallow frosting mix on top.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (the bowl shouldn’t touch the water) and stir for 4 minutes or until mixture has dissolved.
- Whisk the hot meringue mixture with an electric mixer on high speed for 10 minutes or until light, fluffy and cooled.
- Before the marshmallow sets, use a small teaspoon and make a little hole in the top of each cupcake. Set aside. Spoon the lemon curd into each hole and top with the reserved cake.
- Spoon the marshmallow frosting onto cooled cupcakes and serve. Makes 12
Store cupcakaes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Remove from Fridge 10 mintues before serving.
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.