caramelised onion and potato stacks
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 brown onions, trimmed and sliced into 16 thick rounds
- 500g sebago (starchy) potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup (160ml) chicken stock
- 80g unsalted butter, melted
- 8 sprigs thyme
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180˚C (350˚F). Line 8 x ½-cup capacity (125ml) muffin tins with non-stick baking paper. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion slices and cook in batches, turning, for 3 minutes or until golden.
- Place 1 onion slice in the base of each tin. Divide the potato slices between the tins and top with the remaining onion.
- Divide the stock and butter between the tins and top each with a thyme sprig. Cover with aluminium foil and roast for 30 minutes. Uncover and roast for a further 30 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- Remove the stacks from the tins and sprinkle with salt and pepper to serve. Makes 8
There are no comments for this entry yet.