cheat’s date and cashew crème brûlée
- 150g fresh dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1½ cups (225g) raw cashews, soaked overnight
- ⅓ cup (80ml) coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- ½ cup (75g) raw cashews,
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). To make the cashew praline, place the cashew on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Drizzle with honey and toss to coat. Cook for 14 minutes or until honey is golden and bubbling. Remove from oven and allow
to cool completely.
- While the praline is cooling, place the date in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon of the soaking liquid.
- Place the date, reserved soaking liquid and half the vanilla in a small food processor and process until smooth. Divide the mixture evenly between 4 x ¾-cup-capacity (180ml) jars.
- Drain the soaked cashews and place in a small food processor. Add the coconut cream, rice malt syrup and remaining vanilla and process until smooth and creamy.
- Divide evenly between the jars. Refrigerate until needed. Roughly chop the cashew praline and top each jar with praline shards to serve. Makes 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.