chipotle roasted chicken
with zucchini slaw and jalapeño dressing
- ¼ cup (80g) chipotle chillies in adobo, roughly chopped
- 4 x 180g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¾ cup (210g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- 1 jalapeño, sliced, plus extra to serve
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 zucchini (courgette), spiralised+
- 2 cups (160g) shredded green cabbage
- 2 green onions (scallions), finely shredded
- micro (baby) coriander (cilantro), to serve
- Place the chilli, chicken, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss to combine. Set aside for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 240°C (475°F). Place the chicken mixture on a large greased oven tray and cook for 18–20 minutes or until dark golden brown and cooked through. Slice and set aside.
- Place the yoghurt, jalapeño, coriander, salt and pepper in a small food processor and process until well combined. Place the celery, zucchini, cabbage and onion in a large bowl with half the yoghurt mixture and toss well to combine. Divide between plates and top with the chicken, micro coriander and extra jalapeño. Serve with the remaining dressing. Serves 4
TIPS + TRICKS
+ If you don’t have a spiraliser, you can use a mandoline, julienne peeler or sharp knife to create the thin vegetable strands.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.