space invader cupcakes
- 125g butter, softened
- ¾ cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cups (225g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- green food colouring
- 1 x quantity basic vanilla butter icing (see link to recip in step 3)
- 24 each red, blue and green candy-coated chocolates, 12 green lollipops and 12 mini plastic cups, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (325ºF). Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy. Gradually add the eggs and beat until well combined. Add the flour, baking powder and milk and beat until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into 12 x ½ cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins lined with silver patty cases and bake for 15–20 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Add a few drops of green food colouring to the butter icing and mix until well combined. Spread icing over the cupcakes using a palette knife.
- Decorate with the candy-coated chocolates, lollipops and plastic cups. Makes 12.
There are no comments for this entry yet.