- 1¼ cups (190g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 125g butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cups (180ml) milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (325ºF). Place the flour, baking powder, sugar, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Spoon into 12 x ½ cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins lined with paper cases and bake for 20–25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Place cakes on a wire rack to cool. Makes 12.
I’m going to try this recipe today. I expect it comes out as well as everyone else’s appears to have. I’m very excited. I’ll keep you posted!