Chocolate wafer log
- 700g mil chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 2 tablespoons coloured sprinkles, plus extra, for sprinkling
- 400g coloured wafer biscuits
- Line a lightly greased 7cm x 8cm x 22cm (1.5 –litre capacity) loaf tin with non-stick baking paper and set aside.
- Place the chocolate water in a medium saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring frequently, until well combined. Sprinkle the coloured sprinkles over the base of the prepared tin and spoon over 1/3 cup of melted chocolate. Spread evenly with a palette knife and refrigerate for 20 – 30 minutes or until just set.
- Place one layer of the wafer biscuits on top of the set chocolate. Top with 2 table spoons melted chocolate and spread evenly with a palette knife to create a thin layer. Repeat with remaining wafer biscuits and melted chocolate. Press down lightly and poor over the remaining chocolate.
- Lightly tap the tin to remove any air bubbles and smooth the top with a palette knife. Refrigerate for 2 – 3 hours or until completely set.
- Carefully invert the log and remove the non-stick baking paper. Top with extra coloured sprinkles to serve. Serves 8.
+If the melted chocolate cools too much and begins to harden, simply return to a low heat and stir until softened.
+When lining the tin with non-stick baking paper, allow some paper to overhang the sides of the tin as this will make removing the log easier
+The log can be made a day ahead and kept refrigerated overnight.
There are no comments for this entry yet.