coconut and palm sugar cheesecake jars
- ½ cup (75g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ¼ cup (20g) desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup (45g) brown sugar
- 65g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (270g) grated dark palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 175ml coconut cream
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup (125ml) water, extra
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the flour, coconut, brown sugar and butter in a bowl and mix to combine. Press into the bases of 6 x 1¹⁄³ cup-capacity (330ml) ovenproof jars. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 150°C (300°F). To make the filling, heat half the palm sugar and the water in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool completely.
- Place the cream cheese, coconut cream, eggs, ginger, caster sugar and palm sugar mixture in a food processor and process to combine. Pour into the jars, place the jars in a baking dish and pour in enough boiling water to come half way up the sides of the jars. Bake for 45–50 minutes or until just set. Remove jars from the baking dish and allow to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until cold.
- Place the remaining palm sugar and the extra water in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil and cook for 3–4 minutes or until thickened slightly. Allow to cool completely. Spoon the palm sugar syrup over the cheesecakes to serve. Makes 6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.