chia and sesame pumpkin
with ginger-honey glaze
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- ¼ cup (90g) honey
- 6 Golden Nugget pumpkins (squash)+, halved, quartered and deseeded ¼ cup (50g) black chia seeds
- ¼ cup (40g) sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the ginger, garlic, oil, miso and 1 tablespoon of the honey in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the pumpkin and toss to coat.
- Place the chia seeds and sesame seeds on a plate and stir to combine. Press the cut-edge of the pumpkin into the seed mixture and place on a large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Repeat with the remaining pumpkin.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20–25 minutes or until tender. Drizzle over the remaining honey and cook for 5 minutes. Serve.
+ Golden Nugget pumpkin is an heirloom variety grown in Australia that is small and spherical. You can use any baby pumpkin variety, or cut a large pumpkin into wedges.
There are no comments for this entry yet.