and lemon yoghurt trifles
- 1 packet donna hay tangy lemon yoghurt cake mix+
- ⅔ cup (160ml) light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (280g) plain thick yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup (160ml) limoncello++
- 1 cup (345g) store-bought lemon curd
- 300ml pure cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- ½ cup (125g) mascarpone
- Preheat oven to 160°C (fan-forced). Line a 20cm square cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Following the packet instructions, place the lemon yoghurt cake mix, oil, yoghurt and eggs in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 35–40 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into 2cm cubes.
- To make the mascarpone and chocolate cream, place the cream, mascarpone and icing sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until soft peaks form.
- To assemble the trifles, divide the lemon yoghurt cake pieces between 8 serving glasses. Top with the limoncello, mascarpone cream and lemon curd. Serves 8
+ donna hay tangy lemon yoghurt cake baking mix is available at Woolworths supermarkets and donnahay.com
++ For a non-alcoholic version, use a splash of elderflower cordial.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.