with mint sauce butter
- 4 cups mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 250g unsalted butter, chopped and softened
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt flakes
- cracked black pepper
- blanched peas, to serve
- micro (baby) lemon balm, to serve
- Place the mint in a small food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the sugar, vinegar, butter, salt and pepper and process until well combined. Place the mint sauce butter on a sheet of non-stick baking paper and shape into a log. Roll to enclose, twisting the ends to seal, and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Toss slices of the butter with peas and top with lemon balm to serve. Makes 1 log
Note: You can keep extra butter wrapped and refrigerated for up to two weeks.
Photography: Ben Dearnley
There are no comments for this entry yet.