with pistachio couscous stuffing
- 2 tablespoons instant couscous
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- ¼ cup (35g) shelled pistachios, chopped
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 x 500g spatchcocks+
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 bunch (100g) rocket leaves
- plain Greek-style (thick) yoghurt, to serve
- lemon halves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the couscous and water in a medium bowl, stir to combine and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Set aside for 10 minutes or until tender. Fluff the couscous with a fork and stir through the pistachio, parsley, lemon rind, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Spoon the couscous stuffing into the cavity of each spatchcock and secure the legs with kitchen string. Place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper, drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Roast for 30–35 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with the rocket, yoghurt, lemon and a drizzle of the extra oil. Serves 2
+ Spatchcock is a young chicken that has been specially prepared to make roasting or grilling easier. They are available from most supermarkets, poultry stores and butchers.
Tip: the spatchcocks can be stuffed a day in advance. Keep refrigerated until ready to cook.
There are no comments for this entry yet.