easiest banana bread
- 4 medium ripe bananas (1½ cups mashed)
- ½ cup (125ml) light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups (265g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (225g) self raising (self-rising) flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the bananas in a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla and mix to combine. Add the flour and cinnamon and mix until combined.
- Pour into a 21cm x 10cm loaf tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 1 hour – 1 hour 10 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Allow to stand in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serves 10
Best babana bread recipe I have ever used. Baked 3 times now with the same fantastic results each time. I cut it up and freeze 10 pieces. It keeps its moisture and flavour after defrosting. Yum!