Maple and walnut brioche french toast
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) single (pouring) cream
- 2 cups (240g) finely chopped walnuts
- 4 x 3cm-thick slices brioche
- melted unsalted butter, for brushing
- grated fresh nutmeg and maple syrup, to serve
- Place the eggs and cream in a small shallow tray and whisk to combine. Spread the walnut on a separate tray. Dip the brioche into the egg mixture and allow to soak for 30 seconds. Press each side into the walnut.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and brush with butter. Cook the brioche, in 2 batches, for 3–4 minutes each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with nutmeg and drizzle with maple to serve. Serves 2
There are no comments for this entry yet.