raspberry and ricotta french toast muffins
- ⅓ cup (35g) ricotta
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 4 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup (80ml) milk
- 250g fresh raspberries
icing (confectioner’s) sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the ricotta, 1 teaspoon of the vanilla and 2 tablespoons of the caster sugar in a bowl and mix to combine. Spread over the bread and tear into small pieces.
- Place the eggs, milk, 1 tablespoon of the caster sugar and the remaining vanilla in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Cut 4 x 14cm squares from non-stick baking paper and press into 4 x ½ cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins. Arrange the bread and ¾ of the raspberries in the paper cases and pour over the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with the remaining caster sugar and bake for 30–35 minutes until cooked through and golden.
- Top with the remaining raspberries and dust with icing sugar to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.