peach and honey jam
- 1.5kg yellow peaches, halved, stones removed and sliced
- 3½ cups (770g) caster sugar
- ⅓ cup (80ml) honey
- 4 strips lemon peel
- ½ cup (125ml) lemon juice
- butter and toasted sourdough, to serve
- Place peaches, sugar, honey, lemon peel and lemon juice in a large pot and mix to combine.
- Bring to the boil over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally and skimming off surface foam, for 30–35 minutes or until the jam has thickened+.
- Carefully pour the hot jam into hot, sterilised jars ++ and seal. Serve with the butter on toasted sourdough. Makes 4 cups
+ To test whether the jam is ready, place a spoonful of the jam on a cold saucer (place the saucer in the freezer to cool). Run your finger through the jam – if the line remains, the jam is ready.
++ To sterilise jars, wash jars and lids in hot soapy water and rinse. Place the jars and lids upside down on a baking tray lined with a clean tea towel and place in a preheated 100°C oven for 15 minutes, or until dry.
Store sealed jam in a cool, dark place for up to 18 months and, once opened, in the refrigerator for up to 12 months.
There are no comments for this entry yet.