Smoked chicken and
- 1 cup (160g) large green (Sicilian) olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 200g shredded smoked chicken breast, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup (100g) whole-egg mayonnaise, plus extra, for spreading
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 6 slices white bread
- ½ cup (55g) flaked almonds, toasted and chopped
- Place the olives and oil in a small food processor and process until smooth. Place the chicken, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine. Spread the olive mixture over 3 slices of the bread, top with the chicken mixture and sandwich with the remaining bread. Cut the crusts from the sandwiches and discard.
- Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles, spread the extra mayonnaise down one side of each sandwich and press into the chopped almonds. Makes 12
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.