spiralised zucchini and
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (80g) wholemeal self-raising (self-rising) flour
- 2 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- cracked black pepper
- 2 large zucchini (courgette) (about 480g), spiralised
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 100g haloumi, grated, plus 100g extra, cut into 6 slices
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- micro (baby) basil and store-bought pesto, to serve
- Place the eggs, flour, onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well to combine. Add the zucchini, basil and grated haloumi and mix well to combine.
- Heat half of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches, add ¼ cups of the mixture to the pan and cook for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through, adding the remaining oil as necessary. Increase heat to high and cook the extra haloumi for 1 minute each side or until golden brown. Serve the fritters with the haloumi slices, basil and pesto. Makes 6
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.