zucchini, dill and sweet potato loaf
- 2 zucchini (courgette) (about 300g), grated
- 1 sweet potato (300g), peeled and grated
- ½ cup finely chopped dill
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan
- 4 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1¾ cups (280g) wholemeal self-raising (self-rising) flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- cracked black pepper
- 8 zucchini (courgette) flowers
- goat’s curd and extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the zucchini in a clean tea towel and squeeze outas much liquid as possible. Place the zucchini in a large bowl. Add the sweetpotato, dill, parmesan, onion, eggs, flour, salt and pepper and stir well tocombine.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 10cm x 20cm loaf tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Smooth the top and press the zucchini flowers into the top. Cook for 1 hour 30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Set aside to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with goat’s curd, pepper and oil. Serves 8–10.
There are no comments for this entry yet.