chocolate ginger truffles
- 400g dark chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) single (pouring) cream
- 2 tablespoons green ginger wine+
- ½ cup (50g) cocoa powder, sifted
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat, add the ginger wine and stir to combine. Pour into a 3 cup-capacity (750ml) dish and refrigerate for 1–2 hours or until firm. Remove from the fridge and allow to stand for 5–10 minutes or until softened slightly.
- Roll 2 teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls.
- Combine the cocoa and ginger in a bowl. Toss the truffles in the cocoa mixture to coat. Store in the cocoa mixture in the fridge.
+ Green ginger wine is a fortified wine made from ground ginger and raisins. It’s available from bottle shops and select supermarkets
There are no comments for this entry yet.