hazelnut choc chip muesli bars
- 1 tablespoon white chia seeds
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- ½ cup (125ml) maple syrup
- 1½ cups (135g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (140g) hazelnuts, finely chopped
- ½ cup (70g) wholemeal spelt flour
- ½ cup (40g) desiccated coconut
- ½ cup (90g) cacao nibs
- 6 fresh dates (90g), pitted and finely chopped
- 50g 70% dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the chia seeds and water in a large bowl and stir to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup, oats, hazelnut, flour, coconut, cacao nibs and date and stir well to combine. Press the mixture firmly into a lightly greased 20cm square tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 25–30 minutes or until golden. Set aside in the tin to cool completely.
- Using a serrated knife, slice into 8 bars. Place on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper and drizzle with the chocolate. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes or until set. Serve. Makes 8 bars
Photography: Ben Dearnley
There are no comments for this entry yet.