caramelised summer fruit with ice-cream
- 4 mangoes
- 4 yellow peaches
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Cut the cheeks from the mangoes and set aside. Halve the peaches, remove the stones and set aside.
- Place the sugar on a plate. Dip the fruit, cut-side down, into the sugar.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. In batches, cook the fruit, cut-side down, for 3–5 minutes or until the sugar has melted and the fruit is caramelised. Serve immediately with vanilla ice-cream. Serves 4.
TIPS + TRICKS
+ Be careful when cooking the fruit, as the sugar will be hot. Wipe the pan between batches as needed.
There are no comments for this entry yet.