crispy prosciutto-wrapped asparagus
with poached eggs and avo smash
- 4 slices wholegrain bread
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 30 baby asparagus spears (2 bunches), trimmed
- 4 slices prosciutto
- ¼ cup (60ml) white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- red vein sorrel, to serve
avo basil smash
- 1 avocado
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ⅓ cup basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Lightly brush the bread with half the oil and place on an oven tray. Divide the asparagus into 4 portions and wrap 1 slice of prosciutto around the stems of each portion. Place on a separate oven tray and lightly brush with the remaining oil. Cook the bread and asparagus for 10–12 minutes or until the prosciutto is crispy.
- While the bread and asparagus are cooking, make the avo basil smash. Place the avocado, lemon juice, basil, chives, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and mash with a fork until just combined.
- Heat a large saucepan of water over low heat until just simmering. Add the vinegar and use a wooden spoon to create a gentle whirlpool. Crack 1 egg into a small bowl and gently add to the water. Poach for 3–4 minutes or until the egg white is cooked and the yolk is still runny. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Top the toast with the avo smash, asparagus, eggs and sorrel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.