grilled mango with frozen vanilla yoghurt
- 2 cups (560g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- ½ cup (125ml) rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 mangoes, cut into cheeks
- melted coconut oil, for brushing
- micro (baby) mint leaves, to serve
- Place the yoghurt, syrup and vanilla in a bowl and mix to combine. Pour the yoghurt mixture into a large zip-lock bag and squeeze out as much air as possible. Seal the bag and lay flat in the freezer for 2–3 hours or until solid.
- Remove the bag from the freezer and bend to break up the yoghurt mixture. Place the mixture in a food processor and process until smooth. Pour into a 1.5-litre-capacity metal tin and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat a char-grill pan over high heat. Brush the mango cheeks with oil and cook, flesh-side down, for 1–2 minutes or until charred. Top the mango cheeks with frozen yoghurt and mint to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.