- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks extra
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 cups (500ml) single (pouring) cream
- Place the eggs, extra yolks, vanilla and sugar in a heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water and, using a hand-held electric mixer, beat for 6–8 minutes or until thick and pale. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk the cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold through the egg mixture until well combined.
- Pour into a 2 litre-capacity metal tin and freeze for 6 hours or overnight. Makes 2 litres.
+ This is the base we use in all our semifreddo recipes. You could create your own flavour by folding a range of fruit, spices or syrups through the mixture. Think passionfruit pulp, puréed mango or whole berries such as raspberries or blueberries.
There are no comments for this entry yet.