raw caramel peanut crunch bars
- 20 soft fresh dates (400g), pitted
- ⅓ cup (95g) smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (30g) puffed brown rice
- ½ cup (70g) unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 80g raw organic 70% dark chocolate+
- Line a 10cm x 20cm loaf tin with non-stick baking paper. Place the dates, peanut butter and vanilla in a food processor and process for 2–4 minutes or until the mixture comes together into a paste. Transfer to a large bowl, add the puffed rice and peanuts and mix to combine. Using the back of a spoon, press the mixture into the base of the tin++.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (the bowl shouldn’t touch the water) and stir until melted. Pour the chocolate over the slice and spread evenly. Refrigerate for 20–30 minutes or until set.
- Remove the slice from the tin and cut into bars using a hot knife. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 20
+ Raw organic chocolate is available at health food stores and specialty grocers. If you can’t find it, simply use 70% dark chocolate. To keep the chocolate raw while melting, use a sugar (candy) thermometer to ensure it stays under 42°C (107°F).
++ If the mixture is sticky, grease the spoon in a little melted coconut oil to help you spread and smooth it.
Tip: Keep bars refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Yummy!! Very popular in our household!!
This is a great version of a Raw Snickers Bar! Even my husband who is a chocoholic and not a dates fan loved it. Will definitely make this again!!
AMAZING. This slice is divine. Kicks my chocolate cravings really well. Delicious.