tuna, bean and buckwheat salad
- ½ cup (100g) buckwheat
- 2 eggs
- 350g green beans, trimmed and blanched
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed and blanched
- 2 x 125g can tuna slices in extra virgin olive oil
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- Place the buckwheat in a medium saucepan, cover with water and place over high heat. Bring to the boil and cook for 6–8 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Carefully add the eggs and cook for 6 minutes. Place in a bowl of iced water for 10 minutes. Peel and set aside.
- To make the tarragon dressing, place the lemon juice, oil, mustard, salt, pepper and tarragon in a large bowl and stir well to combine. Add the beans, sugar snap peas and buckwheat and toss to coat. Halve the eggs. Divide the salad and eggs between plates and top with the tuna, radish, extra tarragon, salt and pepper to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.