asian-style chicken noodle soup
- 2 cups (500ml) hot water
- 2 litres hot chicken stock
- 3 star-anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, halved
- 1 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1kg chicken breast fillets, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed and halved
- 200g cellophane (bean thread) noodles
- micro (baby) coriander (cilantro) leaves, to serve
- Place the water, stock, star-anise, cinnamon, ginger, garlic, chilli and oyster sauce in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cover and bring to the boil. Strain the soup, discarding solids.
- Add the chicken and broccolini. Cook for 1 minute or until the chicken is just cooked through.
- Add the noodles and cook for 1 minute. Divide the soup between bowls and top with the coriander to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.