feta, silverbeet and chickpea fritters
- 400g can chickpeas (garbanzos), rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup (50g) black chia seeds
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 100g silverbeet (Swiss chard) leaves, torn
- 100g feta, crumbled
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- chilli flakes and lemon wedges, to serve
- 1 cup (280g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, deseeded and grated
- Place the chickpeas in a large bowl and crush with a fork. Add the chia seeds, eggs, lemon rind, parsley, silverbeet, feta, salt and pepper and mix to combine. Set aside for 20 minutes to thicken.
- Heat half of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches, add ¼ cups of the mixture to the pan and cook for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through, adding the remaining oil as necessary.
- To make the tzatziki, place the yoghurt, cucumber, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine. Serve the fritters with the tzatziki, chilli flakes and lemon wedges. Makes 12
Photography: Chris Court
I made these with Kale & they were delish!