chicken caesar salad
with parmesan crisps
and creamy tofu dressing
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 x 180g chicken breast fillets
- 2 baby cos (romaine) lettuces, trimmed
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon white chia seeds
- 300g silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). To make the parmesan crisps, place the parmesan and chia in a bowl and toss to combine.Place 8 mounds of the parmesan on 2 large lightly greased oven trays lined with non-stick baking paper and flatten slightly. Cook for 8–10 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Cook the eggs in a small saucepan of boiling water for 6 minutes or until soft-boiled. Refresh in iced water, peel, halve and set aside.
- Preheat a char-grill pan over medium heat. Place the lemon rind, tarragon, oil, salt, pepper and chicken in a large bowl and toss to coat. Cook the chicken for 6–8 minutes each side or until cooked through. Slice and set aside.
- To make tofu dressing, place the tofu, mustard, capers, lemon juice, water, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Using a hand-held blender, blend until smooth. Divide the lettuce, chicken and egg between plates, crumble over the parmesan crisps, drizzle with the dressing and top with extra tarragon. Sprinkle with pepper to serve. Serves 4
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.