chinese chicken and quinoa san choy bau
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 5cm-piece ginger, julienned
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 500g chicken mince
- ⅓ cup (80ml) Chinese cooking wine (Shaoxing)
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- ¼ cup (60ml) oyster sauce
- ½ cup (100g) white quinoa, cooked following packet instructions
- 220g can water chestnuts, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini (courgette), shredded
- 8 coral lettuce leaves
- 2 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- sesame seeds and soy sauce, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large wok over high heat. Add the ginger, garlic and chilli and cook for 2–3 minutes or until crisp. Use a slotted spoon to remove and set aside.
- Add the chicken and cook for 3–4 minutes, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon, until golden brown.
- Add the cooking wine, water and oyster sauce and cook for 2–3 minutes or until reduced slightly. Stir through the quinoa and water chestnut.
- Divide the zucchini and chicken mixture between the lettuce cups. Top with the celery and ginger mixture. Serve with sesame seeds and soy sauce. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.