edamame, trout and dashi risotto
- 2 tablespoons dashi powder
- 1.5 litres water
- 50g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 cup (200g) arborio rice
- 1 cup (140g) frozen podded edamame, thawed and crushed
- 185g hot smoked trout, flaked
- micro (baby) radish leaves, shichimi togarashi and chilli oil (optional), to serve
- Place the dashi and water in a medium saucepan and bring to just below the boil. Keep warm. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute or until well combined.
- Add the dashi stock to the rice, ½ cup (125ml) at a time, adding more once absorbed, and cook, stirring frequently, for 22–25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Add the edamame and mix to combine. Divide between bowls and top with the trout, radish, togarashi and chilli oil (if using) to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.