mustard, thyme and cayenne grilled steaks
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sea salt flakes
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 4 x 250g scotch fillet steaks
- baby cos lettuce and hot English mustard, to serve
- Place the mustard powder, thyme, cayenne pepper, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine. Rub half of the mixture over the steaks and set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue to medium heat. Cook the steaks for 2–3 minutes each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle with the remaining spice mixture, slice and serve with cos lettuce and mustard. Serves 4.
Stephen John McNeill
I tried to make this yesterday and pulled it off - it was Beautiful, thanks Donna