thai chicken soup
- 3 cups (750ml) chicken stock
- 2 cups (500ml) coconut milk
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 2 coriander (cilantro) roots, washed and finely chopped
- 1 x 200g chicken breast fillet, trimmed and sliced
- 60g snow peas (mange tout), shredded
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- coriander (cilantro) leaves and extra sliced chilli, to serve
- Place stock, coconut milk, chilli, ginger, lime leaves and coriander root in a saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Add the snow peas and cook for a further minute. Stir though the fish sauce and lime juice.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with coriander leaves and extra chilli, if desired. Serves 2
There are no comments for this entry yet.