tomato and rice soup
- 3 rashers bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 5 cups (1.25 litres) beef stock
- 400g can tomatoes, lightly crushed
- ⅓ cup (85g) arborio rice
- 1 cup (125g) frozen peas
- 75g green beans, trimmed and cut into 3cm lengths
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the bacon, onion, carrot and garlic and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the stock, tomatoes and rice and cook for 15 minutes or until the rice is just tender.
- Add the peas and beans and cook for 5 minutes. To serve, stir through the parsley, salt and pepper. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.