sumac, rosemary and chilli grilled spatchcock
- 2 tablespoons sumac
- ¼ cup finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 1½ teaspoons dried chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 4 x 300g spatchcocks, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 flatbreads
- natural Greek-style yoghurt and watercress sprigs, to serve
- Place the sumac, rosemary, chilli and salt in a small bowl and mix to combine. Rub half the sumac mixture over the spatchcock.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue to medium heat. Brush the spatchcock with the oil and cook, skin-side down, for 12 minutes, turning halfway, or until charred and cooked through.
- Cook the flatbreads for 1 minute each side or until charred. Sprinkle with the remaining sumac mixture and serve with the yoghurt and watercress. Serves 4.
This was delicious! I used chicken instead as it is more available. A dish which has become a regular!