sweet potato omelette
- 400g sweet potato (kumara), peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons store-bought dukkah, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs, separated
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ½ cup (130g) store-bought Persian labne (yoghurt cheese)
- ½ cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- pickled onion
- ⅓ cup (80ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the sweet potato, dukkah and half of the oil on a large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Toss to combine. Cook for 20–25 minutes or until tender. Remove the tray from the oven and preheat the grill (broiler) to high.
- To make the pickled onion, place the vinegar and honey in a small bowl and stir to combine. Add the onion and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Place the egg yolks, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Place the eggwhites in a separate large bowl and, using a hand-held mixer, whisk until stiff peaks form. Add the eggwhites to the yolk mixture and gently fold to combine.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the remaining oil in a 12cm non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add half the egg mixture and cook for 2–3 minutes or until the base is golden. Place under the grill (broiler) and cook for 1 minute or until lightly golden. Remove and keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and egg mixture.
- Top each omelette with the labne, sweet potato, pickled onion, coriander and extra dukkah to serve. Serves 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.