yoghurt-dipped walnut and goji muesli bars
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- ⅓ cup (115g) honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (50g) walnuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup (35g) goji berries
- 1½ cups (135g) rolled oats
- ½ cup (40g) shredded coconut
- ¼ cup (35g) sesame seeds
- ¼ cup (50g) pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ¼ cup (40g) sultanas
- ½ cup (140g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the chia seeds and water in a large bowl and stir to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes. Add the honey, cinnamon, walnut, goji, oats, coconut, sesame seeds, pepitas and sultanas and stir to combine. Press the mixture firmly into a lightly greased 20cm square tin lined with non-stick baking paper and cook for 35–40 minutes or until golden. Set aside in the tin to cool completely. Using a serrated knife, slice into 8 bars.
- To make the yoghurt topping, place the yoghurt and sugar in a small bowl and, using a hand-held blender, blend until runny. Add the oil and blend until just combined. Dip one side of a bar in the topping and place, yoghurt-side up, on a tray. Repeat with the remaining bars. Freeze for 30 minutes until set. Serve. Makes 8 bars
TIPS AND TRICKS:
+ You can store any of these muesli bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
There are no comments for this entry yet.