zucchini, basil and yoghurt frittata
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 eggwhites
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (280g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- ⅓ cup chopped chives
- 600g zucchini (courgette), grated
- 3 cups basil leaves, roughly chopped, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup (20g) finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Heat the oil in a 6-cup-capacity (1.5-litre) ovenproof frying pan over medium heat, add the leek and garlic and cook for 4–5 minutes or until softened. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the eggwhites, eggs, yoghurt and chive in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the zucchini, basil, capers, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Pour into the frying pan and cook in the oven for 30–40 minutes or until cooked through. Top with the parmesan and extra basil to serve. Serves 4–6
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.