miso chicken and corn pot pies
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 800g chicken thigh fillets, chopped
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 250g tub sour cream
- 2 corncobs, kernels sliced
- 3 cups (60g) baby spinach
- 2 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 1 red bird’s-eye chilli, finely chopped
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken, salt and pepper and cook for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the flour and miso and cook for 30 seconds. Add the sour cream, corn, spinach, onion, chilli and coriander and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture between 4 x 1½-cup-capacity (375ml) ovenproof pie dishes.
- Using the pie dishes as a guide, cut the pastry into 4 rounds and place on top of each dish to seal. Using a small sharp knife, cut a small cross in the top of each pie.
- Brush each with the egg and place on a large oven tray. Cook for 15 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden. Sprinkle with pepper to serve. Serves 4
Photography: Chris Court
donna hay team
Hi Kerry, if do not prefer coriander, you can leave it out. Happy cooking! The dh team
Could I leave the coriander out ?