beef and broccolini
in oyster sauce stir-fry
- ¼ cup (60ml) oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon salted black beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 500g rump steak, trimmed and very thinly sliced
- ½ cup (15g) whole dried chillies
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 3 cups (60g) torn kale leaves
- steamed brown rice, to serve
- Place the oyster sauce, ginger, honey, black beans and water in a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat for 2 minutes or until starting to smoke. Add the oil and garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the beef and chillies and cook, tossing, for 3 minutes or until browned. Remove and keep warm. Add the broccolini to the wok and cook for 3 minutes or until starting to char. Add the celery and cook for a further minute. Return the garlic and beef to the wok, add the sauce mixture and cook, tossing, for 30 seconds. Add the kale and cook for further 30 seconds or until wilted. Serve with rice. Serves 4
Photography by William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.